Individuals seeking information about and referral to available community programs and other resources are encouraged to call 2-1-1. Call specialists will assist you as best they can. Texting is also available. Please visit the 2-1-1 website for more information.
Brown County United Way’s 2-1-1 Contact Center and all 2-1-1 Centers statewide have also been activated as a central place to call for non-emergency questions about COVID-19. Text COVID-19 to 211-211 to receive information about the virus.
- If you are in immediate crisis, please call the Crisis Center of Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin at 920-436-8888 for counseling support and community referrals
- If you are elderly or a person with a disability, please call the Aging & Disability Resource Center of Brown County at 920-448-4300
- In case of an emergency, call 9-1-1
Emergency Response Fund Grant Information – Please read ALL information below before applying
The Emergency Response Fund will channel local assistance to help respond to impacts of the COVID-19 virus and if needed, local flooding occurring during 2020, and/or other public, local crises that may arise.
Brown County United Way will administer grants from the fund in phases to help address immediate needs and short-term and longer-term impacts of the outbreak and recovery. Grants will be released on a rolling basis as the situation unfolds, making it possible to move resources as quickly as possible and adapt to evolving community needs. The process overall will be dependent upon available dollars. Granting decisions will be made by a team of community volunteers and Brown County United Way representatives.
Our goal is to notify applicants of granting decisions within one week of applying.
This fund provides nonprofit organizations with flexible resources to address the impact of the COVID-19 public health crisis on our community or other publically declared crisis, including immediate basic needs, gaps in service, and operational challenges. Preference will be given to the provision of direct services in this context.
The Emergency Response Fund is able to support organizations meeting the following criteria:
- Nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or community-based groups, governmental bodies, municipalities, or school districts fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in good standing with the IRS.
- Directly serve the people of Brown County.
- Conduct business without discrimination with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, political beliefs, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, or any other category protected by law.
Based on our nonprofit structure, we are not able to fund individuals or private businesses directly. Direct support to individuals will be delivered through nonprofits with established processes for determining need and providing support.
Our Commitment to the Community
Throughout this process, Brown County United Way is committed to:
- Developing a central pool of funds nonprofits can access for support throughout the crisis.
- Listening to our community partners to help determine the most pressing emergency needs and their impact.
- Working cooperatively with other organizations to help assess and help to address immediate needs and longer-term needs beyond the grant.
- An expedited process for the distribution of Emergency Response Fund grants.
- Reporting how and where Emergency Response Fund grants are utilized, using the same level of diligence as we do with all of our granting processes.
The Greater Green Bay Community Foundation has also established an Emergency Response Fund and is accepting applications. Our organizations are collaborating on our respective granting processes in support of the community. While the two funds are separate, we are sharing information with each other. Our application questions are the same, with the exception of one additional question on United Way’s part. This will enable ease of application should you wish to apply to both funds.