2-1-1 is a non-emergency telephone number that connects people with community services and volunteer opportunities. Every hour of every day, someone in Brown County is seeking important information – from finding an afterschool program to securing adequate care for a child or an aging parent. With 2-1-1, help is just a phone call away.
CLICK HERE to get connected to the 2-1-1 Online Database.
2-1-1: Get Connected, Get Answers can provide information about:
- Basic Human Needs Resources: Food pantries, shelters, rent assistance
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: Healthcare and crisis intervention, support groups, counseling
- Employment Supports: Job training, transportation assistance, education programs
- Support for Children, Youth and Families: Childcare, afterschool programs, Head Start, family resource centers, mentoring, tutoring, protection services
- Volunteer Opportunities and Donations: Habitat for Humanity, St. Vincent de Paul, The Volunteer Center of Brown County
And much more...
Economic and demographic trends in Brown County have significantly increased the demand for social services. While many local organizations provide a wide range of services, until 2-1-1 there was no central mechanism connecting these organizations to the people who need them.
2-1-1 is the most advanced of these Information and Referral (I&R) services. In addition to offering an efficient and effective means of connecting residents to available resources, 2-1-1 has proven invaluable during times of disaster such as the aftermath following Hurricane Katrina and September 11, 2001.
Thanks to your investment in the a 2-1-1: Get Connected, Get Answers call center and website is available to all segments of the Brown County community as a free and confidential service.
The Brown County United Way has worked with many partners to establish 2-1-1 locally, including:
The Aging and Disability Resource Center of Brown County
The Crisis Center of Family Services
The Volunteer Center of Brown County
Brown County Human Services Department
Integrated Community Solutions
Family & Childcare Resources of N.E.W.
Brown County Health Department
Brown County University of Wisconsin-Extension
Hmong Center of Green Bay
Multicultural Center of Greater Green Bay
Brown County Library
For more information about 2-1-1, contact Lisa Clark at email@example.com